Note: All prices in US Dollars
Bill Riley Talent Search
Bill Riley Talent Search
SPONSORED BY ROCKWELL CITY CHAMBER & DEVELOPMENT
Contact Randy Patterson for additional information
The contests will be on Saturday August 7, at 11 A.M. The completion will be held in the new Band shell being constructed on the Calhoun County Courthouse lawn on the southeast corner of the square in downtown Rockwell City.
The search is divided into three divisions,
The winner of the Sprouts, Juniors and Seniors
division will be entitled to enter the competition at the Iowa State Fair. If the first place winner cannot
attend the Iowa State Fair, the second place winner may compete.
Sprout winners will receive a ribbon and a trophy. Junior and Senior division winners will receive
prizes as follow: 1st--$50; 2nd--$25; and 3rd--$10. A special prize of $25 will be awarded to the highest
placing Calhoun County resident in the Junior and Senior divisions.
Registration Deadline - Day of show; Contest will end at 3 p.m. so there is time to call in winners before 4 p.m. deadline for state fair qualifiers. Those already qualified or acts just wishing to preform wil be scheduled between and folowing those competing for a spot a the state fair. If you cannot get here till after lunch please jst let is know.
GENERAL RULES - TALENT^ SEARCH
The following rules are specified by the State Fair Talent Search. We have no means for checking every
rule the day of the contest, however, you will be disqualified at state if you break one, so make sure your
act is within these rules before you come.
1. Not more than 5 persons in a single act.
2. An individual may be part of only one act.
3. No pantomime to records or tapes. (Pure mime is accepted.)
4. Vocalists are strongly encouraged to practice and perform with the assistance of a vocal coach and
/or a live accompanist. Prerecorded accompaniment will be allowed as long as long as it is a single
instrument. Any prerecorded tape with backing vocals, multiple instrumentation or orchestration is not
allowed, and the act will be disqualified.
5. Acts with multiple performers, shall compete in the appropriate category by adding all of the ages
in the act and dividing by the total members in the act.
6. An accompanist, when not a part of the act, may be any age.
7. No more than 3 accompanists permitted.
8. All participants must be legal residents of Iowa.
9. Each act must not run more than 3 minutes. (At State, points will be deducted from acts going over
3 minutes or be subject to possible disqualification.)
10. No rock band due to the 1minute set up time.
11. Professionals are not permitted to compete. (This includes union musicians or anyone whose
principal income is from his/her Talent.
12. An act already qualified may not compete in this contest but may appear as entertainment during
the judges’ conference. (This is a Sweetcorn Daze Celebration rule. Since we are one of the last shows to qualify
for the State Fair, this gives more people an opportunity to qualify.)
13. Groups must form a straight line on stage for introductions. You may not dance onto or off the
stage. After introductions, you may take any position you wish to begin your performance.
14. A person’s age for the Iowa State Fair competition is determined at the time they win a locall show.
A 14 year old (or 21 year old) could turn 15 (or 22) by State Fair and still be eligible in the Junior (or
Senior) division, as they met age requirements at the time of qualification.
15. All acts must pre-register prior to the day of the talent show
Thursday, August 7 --Meet on Westside of band shell at after 10:30 a.m. Staff will be there under the tent to sign you in.
The general comment section of the judge’s ballots will be returned to participants at the conclusion
of each show each night. The point value section will remain with the judges.
Application for Sweet corn Daze
Bill Riley Talent Competition Event
August 7, 2010
City_________________________ Phone #__________________________________________
Division: Sprouts________ Junior________________ Senior______________
Accompanist Name (if applicable)______________________________________________
Electronic adaptor needed (example MP3 adaptor)____________________________________
Return Application to
Bill Riley Talent Contest
% of Trash & Treasures
423 4th Street
Rockwell City, IA 50579
Contact before anytime between now and August 6th if possible so we can plan days activities
Search by Keyword